- You must have a balanced diet.
- Know about fresh foods that have high oxalates.
- Learn about foods with calcium.
- Eat more foods with calcium when you eat foods with oxalates.
- These help prevent kidney stones being produced.
- Spinach is high on oxalate.
- Calcium and oxalate bind together to prevent stones from forming.
- Try to limit cheese with high salt, such as processed and hard cheese, cheddar as well as cheese spreads.
- Ice cream, yogurt and custard are not good choices as they are high on sugar content.
Facts about Calcium
- Eat or drink lots of calcium, preferably about 1000 mg of calcium per day.
- Foods with calcium help keep bones healthy and also lower the risk of kidney stones.
- Men over the age of 70 should have 1,000 mg and women over 50 to have 1,200 per day. Eat calcium based foods at every meal.
- One cup cow’s milk has 300 mg calcium.
- One cup of kefir(99% lactose free) has 300mg.
- Low-sodium cheese has 150-300 mg.
- Yogurt has 150-300mg per cup..
- One cup sour cream has 13 mg calcium.
- Two tablespoons of Chia seeds have 630 mg.
- ½ cup of chickpeas have 350gm of calcium
- One cup Broccoli cooked has 200mg of calcium
- Kale, raw, one cup has 100 mg
- One cup of calcium fortified juices have 100 mg
- Dried apricots have 75mg calcium per cup
Text Credits: https://www.urologyhealth.org/
Contact 080 28483939 for more information on Urology health and treatment at our Specialized Clinic, ReSCUE Urology Hospital in Bangalore, Kengeri.