The prostate is about the size of a walnut, it surrounds the urethra, a tube that carries the urine from the bladder. As age catches up on men, their prostate enlarges putting pressure on the urethra.
This condition of an enlarged prostate is known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). This condition can increase the urge of urination or the feeling of more urine after you have finished clearing urine.
In addition to medical remedies, a variety of exercises can help reduce this condition of numerous urges to urinate
Causes of Overactive Bladder
- Drinking too much fluid, such as caffeinated beverages, alcohol, and citrus juice can cause frequent urination.
- Being obese can put pressure on the bladder.
- Some serious neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis can induce the condition of OAB
Exercise can help
- Exercises such as walking, jogging, swimming, and tennis help strengthen the muscles of the body.
- Aerobics can also help you to maintain healthy weight.
- Kegel exercises can strengthen and train your pelvic floor muscles to control frequent urination.
Benefits of Kegel exercises
- Kegel exercises are often recommended to women after childbirth.
- Patients after prostate surgery, OAB, or diabetics are advised to do Kegels as they strengthen theweakened muscles of the pelvic floor.
- Kegel exercises can be done almost any time as special equipment is not required.
- Maintaining a healthy weight can lower the risk of prostate problems.
- Exercise also balances the hormones of the body that affect the prostate.
- A healthy weight also eases the symptoms of OAB (overactive bladder).
How to do Kegel exercises
- First, find the pelvic floor muscles by trying to stop urinating when you pass urine.
- Concentrate on the muscles you just found.
- To begin kegel exercise, empty your bladder, and lie down on the floor with your knees bent and apart.
- Tighten the pelvic floor muscles, hold for some time and then release it. Repeat a few times.
- Once you know how to focus on those muscles you could do Kegels while you are sitting or standing.
Consider including Yoga into your daily regime!!
Note — “Do remember that lifestyle changes or medications may also help you from embarrassing situations such as urges to urinate frequently. Feel free to meet a doctor who could help you clear all your problems.”
Contact 080 28483939 for more information on Prostate health and Treatment at our Specialized Clinic, ReSCUE Urology Hospital in Kengeri, for Best Prostate enlargement treatment in Kengeri-Bangalore.