Researchers from the University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland found that the frequency of napping and average nap duration was connected with the risk of fatal and non-fatal cardiovascular episodes such as heart
attack, stroke, or heart failure. This research concluded with some interesting results, which are as follows:
- Daytime nap taken once or twice a week could lower the risk of heart attacks or strokes.
- Nap duration between five minutes to an hour, reduced the risk of heart failures by 48%.
- No such association was found for more frequent napping duration.
- Some serious conditions, such as coronary heart disease, can be largely symptom-free for decades before a critical complication such as a heart attack.
- Remember that those who napped daily were likely to be sick as it is linked to poor lifestyle.
- Do not conclude that napping is a way to reduce the risks of heart attack, although it may improve heart health.
- Finally, aim at a good quality night’s sleep and follow appropriate lifestyle advises and decent activity levels.
Contact 080 28483939 for more information on Urological Treatment at our Specialized Clinic, ReSCUE Urology Hospital in Bangalore, Kengeri.