Drinking more fluids is a must for fighting kidney stones, the best being water. Aim at drinking at least 10 glasses of water each day, if exercising you. Fluids control your blood pressure and heart rate, also keeping your body temperature steady. Removes toxins and waste from the body. Carries nutrients and oxygen around the body. Protects organs, tissues and joints.
Ideas to help you drink more water
- Keep your water bottle close to you so that you can sip it throughout the day.
- Include a beverage with each meal, preferably decaffeinated.
- Keep a drinking jug near you or in the fridge so it is handy at home and work.
- Flavor is by cutting some lemon, lime, watermelon or mint leaves for a refreshing experience.
- Eating your drinks such as watermelons, honeydew melon, plums, lettuce and cucumber is beneficial.
- Setting alarms for yourself on your smartphone or pop-ups on your calendar is good.
- Try lots of other liquids like milk, lemonade and iced tea or smoothies(sugarless and homemade)
- Freeze juices like mango and grapes into ice cubes for a delightful drink.
- Freeze fruits like bananas, strawberries, peaches, blueberries and apricots to make a great frozen smoothie.
Text Credits: https://www.urologyhealth.org/
Contact 080 28483939 for more information on Kidney stones and treatment at our Specialized Clinic, ReSCUE Urology Hospital in Bangalore, Kengeri.