Meeting a doctor if you have a urinary tract infection, is the best option. Before you make an appointment with your doctor, make sure you are having the right symptoms for urinary tract infection.
Test Using Urine Test Strips
- Buy some urine test strips, collect pee in a cup, insert the strip
- Make sure the strips test for leukocyte esterase and nitrite.
- Changes in urine detect diabetes, ketosis, hemolysis, bilirubin, protein etc.
The following symptoms assure that a urinary tract infection is present —
- Extreme urgency to pee is one of the signs of urinary tract infection, since your body would be trying to flush out the infection by the regular usage of the washroom. An immediate remedy could be to drink lots of water, though meeting a doctor should be done at the earliest.
- Burning feeling when you pee is another feeling you have to look for as a sign of urinary tract infection. Since such infections cannot be ignored, take an appointment with the doctor as soon as possible.
- Hazy Pee is a condition when the pee turns cloudy or hazy or sometimes even a lot of mucus along with urine. Normal urine does not have any particles floating around, it is supposed to be clear. So hazy urine is a sign of urinary tract infection which should not be ignored.
- Smelly pee is when the pee stinks more than usual, it could be a sign of urinary tract infection. Make sure to meet the doctor and tell him about your problems.
- Pain in your abdomen or surrounding area when you pee calls for an immediate appointment with the doctor. This could be urinary tract infection on a worse accord, so do not ignore the condition.
Do remember that Urinary Tract Infection can be cured by administering a set of antibiotics. So a visit to the doctor is a must if you have the above symptoms.