This high nutrient, refreshing smoothie is an easy go-to option to fill you up as you start your day. The trick is to keep frozen fresh fruits on hand. You can slice and freeze bananas, as they get soft, or any fruit that gets too ripe. (Remove the peels before freezing.) You can also buy frozen fruit.
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- ½ cup frozen strawberries or mango
- ½ cup plain yogurt or milk
- For extra nutrients, add ground flax seed
Step by Step Prep:
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender. Add 2 or 3 ice cubes and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour into 3 large glasses and enjoy
Nutrients Per Serving : 85 calories, 0.7 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 17.5 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 80 mg calcium
Recipe Credits: Urology Health