When you don’t have time to cook before work, make a few mason jars full of this oatmeal for grab-and-go breakfast. The chia seeds give you extra calcium and antioxidants the natural way. Play with the recipe by using different spices and your favorite berry or fruit.
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup fresh fruit (bananas, peaches, mango, strawberries or blueberries) Optional: shredded coconut
Step by Step Prep:
- Combine milk, oats, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, honey, vanilla and cinnamon in a half-pint jar with a lid; cover and shake until combined. Remove the lid and fold in the fruit.
- Cover the jar with a lid Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy in the morning.
Nutrients per Serving: 433 calories, 17 g fat, 27 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrates,
6.5 g fiber, protein, 284 mg calcium
Recipe Credits: Urologyhealth