Erectile dysfunction is a condition when a man is unable to obtain or maintain an erection during sexual activity. This condition is found in men of all ages. When muscles that are involved in maintaining an erection loose tone and strength, an erection cannot be held. There are few exercises that can reverse erectile dysfunction. Lifestyle changes, along with exercise and weight loss could be effective in treating Erectile Dysfunction. Let us help you explore a few of the exercises:
Pelvic floor exercises or Kegels
These are the most beneficial ones for Erectile Dysfunction, as they are key to sustaining blood flow to the penis and help maintain an erection. It can take 4 to 6 weeks before a person notices a difference in erections. A method in steps:
- Lie down with your knees bent,feet flat on the floor, and arms by the side.
- Exhale and squeeze the pelvic muscles till you count three.
- Inhale and release at the count of three.
- Identify the pelvic muscles as it could be misunderstood for stomach or buttocks or legs
Sitting pelvic floor activation
- Sit with arms at sides and feet flat on the floor, hip wide apart.
- Use the same technique mentioned above, activate the pelvic muscles for a count of three, and release for a count of three.
- Ensure that the stomach, buttocks and leg muscles are not contracting.
Standing pelvic floor activation
- Stand straight with hands on your side, and feet hip-width apart.
- Using the same technique activate the pelvic floor muscles for a count of three and release for a count of three.
- Make sure that the stomach, buttocks and leg muscles are not contracting.
Do all the above exercises three times a day.
This Article is brought to you by Urology Care Foundation
Contact 080 28483939 for more information on Erectile Dysfunction treatment at our Specialized Clinic, ReSCUE Urology Hospital, one of the Top Erectile Dysfunction treatment Doctors in Kengeri-Bangalore.