Urinalysis is a test of the urine sample, used to examine the content of urine. A urinalysis is used to determine the following :
- To diagnose a Urinary Tract Infection, Kidney Stones, Diabetes, or Pregnancy.
- To screen for problems before surgery.
- To monitor the health of the patient if he or she has been diagnosed with a medical condition like kidney disease or urinary tract disease.
- In case urinalysis results are not in the normal range, your doctor will recommend some more tests to find the source of the problem.
When should you see a doctor
- If you have pain or have a weak urine stream.
- If you see blood in your urine, as this may indicate a urinary tract infection or some other urinary tract problems.
- Urinalysis helps the doctor in diagnosing the underlying problem.
What to expect
- Collection of urine midstream, in a sterile cup, which can be done at home or at home.
- Inform your doctor about the medications you already take, since this can affect the test results.
- Things like bacteria, blood cells, protein, sugars and more could be evaluated.
- Urine can also be cultured if it is needed.
- Results from the urinalysis test can be discussed with your doctor, you can even ask for some specifics for your results.
Contact 080 28483939 for more information on Urological Health and Treatment at our Specialized Clinic, ReSCUE Urology Hospital in Bangalore, Kengeri.