Foods have always been known to be a source to solve the problem of erectile dysfunction. The issues connected to Erectile Dysfunction are usually due to having low blood supply to the penis, hence boosting up your vascular system is an answer to having good sexual health. Get a list of those foods having key nutrients to help you fight Erectile Dysfunction.

Nitrates in Leafy Greens

Food Courtesy: Foodnavigator

Nitrates help in opening the blood vessels and increase blood flow, hence known as vasodilators. Green leafy vegetables such as celery and spinach are a high source of nitrates, thus very good for blood circulation. Beetroot is another vegetable having high levels of nitrates. In 1998, the FDA approved the first erectile dysfunction drug, later many drugs were introduced to relax the effects of nitrates on the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis.

Flavonoids in Dark Chocolate

Picture Courtesy: Healthline

Flavonoids could be good for blood circulation and hence helped in erectile dysfunction situations, the latest study in the journal circulation said so. Flavonoids and other antioxidants help in reducing blood pressure and also decrease cholesterol, both being the vital factors for erectile dysfunction.

Protein in Pistachios

Picture Courtesy: Medicalnewstoday

Pistachios contain a protein called arginine which helps relax blood vessels. A recent study says men with erectile dysfunction who ate pistachios every day for three weeks experienced better sexual desire, overall sexual
satisfaction, hence improving issues of erectile dysfunction.

Zinc in Oysters and Other Shellfish

Picture Courtesy: RobertBarrington

Oysters are well known as natural aphrodisiacs, the reason being they contain high levels of zinc, a nutrient that improves the production of the male hormone testosterone. Erectile dysfunction occurs when this hormone is produced at low levels. Research has also come out with the fact that raw shellfish contains compounds that can stimulate the release of sexual hormones in both men and women.

Antioxidants in Watermelon

Picture Courtesy: MedicalNewsToday

Studies have shown that watermelons have a similar effect on men as viagra, meaning that they are beneficial for erectile dysfunction issues. Watermelons are rich in an ingredient, known as phytonutrient. It helps in relaxing the blood vessels that supply an erection. Although it contains 92% water, the remaining 8% can do wonders for the heart and sexual health.

Lycopene in Tomatoes and Pink Grapefruit

Picture Courtesy: Observer

Lycopene is a phytonutrient found in deep red fruits such as tomatoes and pink grapefruits. Lycopene is known to increase blood circulation, fight male infertility, and prostate cancer. It is best absorbed when mixed with oily foods like avocados and olive oil. The best way to get lycopene is to make yourself a delicious salad.

Food and ED

Eat a healthy diet that is good for your heart and blood circulation. Some other foods you can have include cranberries, apples, peanuts, onions, tea and red wine. Avoid erectile dysfunction by following the above-mentioned tips and enjoy a healthy life.

Contact 080 28483939 for more information on Erectile Dysfunction and treatment at our Specialised Clinic, ReSCUE Urology Hospital in Bangalore, Kengeri.